February 14, 2010

The Brown Elephant




While walking the streets today, I passed The Brown Elephant, which is a resale shop that I've heard is pretty good from a few people, so I was excited to check it out. I browsed through old lamp bases, mismatched dishes, costume jewelry and forgotten treadmills. And then I saw this silver and gold square hinged tin with a scene like Oregon Trail embossed on the lid, picturing a family from the early 1900s camping in the woods with 2 covered wagons in the distance. I got it for $3 and can't wait to use it at Christmas time next year. This paper maché creature was selling for $10. I stood in line to pay for my new treasure and smiled when I saw this basket of free condoms and informational brochures on how to use them. A happy Valentine's Day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment